Citrus-Strawberry Detox Water
I’m doing tae-bo three times, body-shaping twice a week, plus trying to practice yoga and running on my treadmill occasionally.
But this is just one part of the healthy lifestyle. To eat and drink properly is at least as important as sport.
My all time favorite is detox water, because they not only taste good, but have plenty of positive effects, and they are a must when you’re trying to put your body into shape before summer!
I’m totally in love with them! First I have started with the regular lemon-cucumber one, and by now I ended up with hundreds of versions in my mind. That’s why I decided on trying all these ideas and sharing them with you.
They are fast, easy, and if you ask me, well, I think it’s a real fun to prepare them! The more veggies and fruits you use, the more colorful combinations you get, and who can say no for a delicious, ice-cold, refreshing drink to start the day with, or to take it to the fitness?!
- 3 lemons
- 1 mandarin
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 3 strawberries
- a piece of ginger (app. a 3cm/1in slice)
- 1 – 1,5 l mineral water
- Squeeze 2 lemons, 1 mandarin, 1/2 grapefruit and pour the juice into a big glass/can.
- Chop 1 lemon and the strawberries into thin slices. If you want you can keep some slices of lemon for decoration, and put the rest into the can.
- Depending on your taste, chop the ginger into tiny pieces or grate it. If you are not a big fan of strong gingery taste, I recommend you to use the sliced version first, so it won’t be too intense.
- Now that everything is prepared, add the mineral water, mix everything with a straw. In that phase I like to taste it, so I can decide if I need any extra water or ingredients.
- Leave the detox water in the fridge at least for 2 hours, but the best is to prepare it before sleeping, so overnight it has time to become perfectly delicious!
If you like this easy and healthy recipe, please don’t forget to share it with your friends!:) x